Buying a small coastal cottage or a new family house – there are always important highlights that you want to keep in mind. They are the highlights, which will help you make a better decision and the desired location of your new property is only a glimpse. Take a look at the following things when choosing a new property.
– Enough options for moving in. If you plan to move in a bigger home and to take all your possessions from the old house – you may need to take advantage of a big removal company. Check out the number and the companies in the new region, which can help you with the relocation. For example, if you look for a mountain house in a truly hidden secluded area – the price for the relocation with a removal company might be much higher due to the difficult terrain and the requirements about the specs of the moving van.
– Take into account the location of the suppliers, the school for your kids, the distance from the workplace, etc. If you find a new real estate in an urban area – it is normal to have a great communication with the suppliers in the region. However, if you find a property in a remote region where the privacy is essential – the transport might be an issue, as well as time spend every day for commuting between your residence and the workplace. The location is not something that you want to compromise, but it is a very important factor for the price of the new house.
– The reputation and security of the region. The modern urban areas are secured well and the built-in security systems take care about any threats. Take into account whether the new house features built-in security systems with automatic alerts or you have to take care about that after buying the house. Take also into account whether the house is located in a closed residential area or whether it is part of a quarter.
– Your future plans about corrections and additions of new living spaces or a garden maybe. A great idea is to look for a house with a huge adjacent open area if you plan to make it into a courtyard or into a garden. The same applies for a garage or for an outdoor swimming pool. For instance, if you have a business for furniture removals – you probably need a bigger garage so it can handle a big van or even a truck. A garden with a patio or another wooden deck is maybe what you`re looking for when you buying a real estate for the entire family. Choosing a house with a larger garden and numerous playgrounds provides numerous opportunities if you have small kids or pets.
– The quality of the new property should be high on your list too. The cheap house often turns not that cheap when you have to do all the finishing activities like building a fence for privacy or some major repairs of the infrastructure. Because of that, ask your real estate agent about the condition of the house and all the important factors about its infrastructure, materials, arrangement of the rooms, the floor plan, etc. One it will help you choose the best offer and two – the good quality houses offer much more advantages like higher energy efficiency and a better sound isolation. Even the expensive houses with solar panels and their own heating systems become much cheaper for exploitation than the low-cost houses with fewer amenities.
Exclusively Written for Homes Re-Imagined, LLC by Heather Roberts